Jaak Siim, a partner of Cuesta Law Office, spoke at the Tallinn Accountants’ Annual Conference organized by the accounting and legal news website Rup.ee on 12. November 2020. Jaak gave a presentation on “E-residency: where do taxes go?” The presentation answered the following questions:
- What is the tax status of e-residents?
- Which e-services of the Estonian tax authority can an e-resident use?
- How does the e-resident communicate with the tax authority?
- When does an e-resident have to pay taxes in Estonia and when elsewhere?
- What are the differences in taxation by type of business?
- What are the tax problems associated with e-residence?
The Tallinn Conference of Accountants is a practical conference for accountants and financial managers, which focuses on topical issues related to accounting, auditing and taxation. Due to the increased spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 disease, the conference was webcast this time from the Kumu Art Museum. The conference schedule can be seen here.